New day. New adventures. New Olympic gold-medal winning starter.
***ALREADY ENTERED? DOWNLOAD YOUR EVENT GUIDE HERE***
It’s all change here at Bud’s Run, as we aim to build on the super success of the last two events we’ve put on.
We’re delighted to tell you we’ve got an Olympic gold medallist to start this year’s event. University of Birmingham student Lily Owsley was part of Great Britain’s victorious women’s hockey team, at this summer’s Rio Olympics.
“Let’s get moving. . .”
Here’s your quick guide to this great family day out:
- What: 5K fun run on closed roads inside the University campus
- When: Sunday October 9th 2016 (10.30am race start)
- Where: University of Birmingham campus
- How much: £18 (concessions £15, family ticket £60, corporate team £66)
- Why: to raise money to fight Parkinson’s Disease
As well as the 5K, there’s:
- Under 11s run
- Coffee, cake and snacks on sale
- Bacon baps and beer – vital after any 5K!
- Sports massage marquee – you’ll soon be feeling like a champion
- Like to volunteer as a marshal instead of running? Then please get in touch.
Fancy a blast round?
Although it’s still only a fun run, we’re throwing in some prizes for the fastest men, women and U11s.
Check out the course map. . .
“As easy as 1-2-3. . .”
After entering online in advance, just turn up on the Sunday 9th October 2016 and. . .
1) Hit the new Sports and Fitness Centre – get changed, drop your bag, grab your drink/ pins/ number
2) Run, jog or walk our 5K loop
3) Relax afterwards with a bacon sarnie and a beer.
The University’s Munrow Sport’s centre has free toilets, changing rooms, and showers. There are also toilets adjacent to the start of the race in the Bramall Building, Chancellor’s Court.
Entering Bud’s Run will only cost you £18. U16/ student/ those affected by Parkinson’s pay only £15. It’s a great way to help fight Parkinson’s. Don’t delay and enter now.
If you can’t come along, please donate.